Simple and healthy baked pasta with ricotta & roasted vegetables makes a great weeknight meal.Roast veggies are sweet and mellow and perfect to add to the pasta.Enjoy with creamy ricotta cheese and marinara sauce in a baked pasta form.Check out the tutorial onmy YouTube channel.
What vegetables are suitable for roasting?
Any root vegetables, like potatoes, parsnips, sweet potatoes, and carrots, are great when it comes to roasting.From crucifers like broccoli and Brussels sprouts to surprises like zucchini, onions, bell peppers, and cabbage are great choice too, I use red bell pepper and some squash.Even tomatoes are great to roast.I highly recommend to include the onion when you roast the veggies.The onion will add even more sweetness to the dish you are going to make.
Do not crowd the vegetables when you are roasting
Spread the vegetables out onto a baking sheet.You want to see a bit of space around the veggies — don’t be afraid to split them between two baking sheets if needed.Crowding will make the vegetables steam instead of roast, and that’s the opposite of what we’re going for.
What temperature is ideal to roast vegetables?
The best temperature for roasting vegetables is between 400°F and 450°F, with 425ºF being the temperature we call for most often.You can also use broiler to roast for more tender vegetables like squash, peppers, tomatoes, onion, etc.It takes shorter time and brown quickly.Set your broiler pan 6-inch below the heat source.
What type of pasta should I use?
I recommend any short pasta, such as penned, rigatoni, or ziti.They will get mixed easily with the chunks of vegetables and the sauce.
20 minPrep Time
30 minCook Time
50 minTotal Time
- 1 lb penne, rigatoni, or ziti pasta
- 2-1/2 lb vegetables, such as bell pepper, squash, onion, cauliflower, cherry tomatoes, etc
- 2-3 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 15 oz ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tbsp chopped parsley
- 8 oz grated mozzarella cheese
- 1 jar (24 oz) marinara sauce
- Preheat the oven to broil.
- Slice the vegetables into thick strips, and put them on a large baking sheet.Drizzle 2 tbsp of oil and season with salt & pepper.Toss well.Spread the vegetables evenly without crowding them.If needed, use two sheets.Place the sheet 6-inch below the heat source and broil for 10 minutes
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to the package direction but 1 minute less.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese and the parsley.Mix well.
- Preheat the oven to 350?F.
- 在一个大的碗里,加入煮熟的面条,罗阿斯ted vegetables, and the marinara sauce;mix well.
- In a 9x13 greased baking pan, put 1/2 the amount of pasta on the bottom.Spread the ricotta cheese mixture evenly and sprinkle 1/2 the amount of mozzarella cheese.Cover with the remaining pasta and mozzarella cheese on top.Bake the past for 25-30 minutes.Serve hot.